Most organizations do not spend enough time, making their presence felt through media, for various reasons. The most common one being, it is too expensive to engage with a PR/media agency.
However engaging with media, which has the right reach to your target market has significant advantages.
1. Thought Leadership – Presence in media through articles, PR slowly and steadily establishes you as a thought leader in your space/domain. Also most articles bring in an independent perspective and are usually not biased towards a particular vendor. This means that you are indirectly helping the buyer solve his problems,
instead of overly promoting your products or services
2. Trusted Expert – Consistent presence on specific topics also, by default, establishes you
as a trusted expert in the field. For example, if you continuously are featured as a person who is commenting on ‘what to do’ to address a specific challenge, then you begin to be
recognized as a trusted expert.
3. Business Relationship – If the client has a need in the specific area, for which you are being identified as a trusted expert, then he is more likely to engage in
a business relationship with you, than with any other person.
Moreover, unlike most other forms of communication, article presence or PR presence has a significant reach, as long as you work with the right media vehicles. The level of awareness and affinity that it can build can help you significantly in your business development initiatives.
Your views are valuable.
- 5 Essential elements of a marketing content strategy
- 2. Invest in content marketing to build thought leadership and a strong following
- 3. Expand your social networks, Listen, contribute, participate
- 5 simple ways to use content marketing in your demand gen programs
- How do you get thought leadership content to drive more leads & sales?